And so it grows...

I'm married to the Farmer. We just found out we're expecting a little one...this is the story of Me and The Farmer.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Traveling with the embryo

I went to California on Thursday for work. Left my house at 5 am, got to office at 10 am PST, worked until 7 pm, then checked in, and ordered a huge steak from room service. Got "The Devil wears Prada " on pay per view and was asleep by 930. The traveling part was "ok", but I was absolutely exhausted.

I'm in a strange denial phase this week. I don't "feel" pregnant. I feel tired and vaguely anxious, like I'll suddenly be struck with the stomach flu. It's like knowing you're about to come down with something really potent. Which, I suppose, I am.

I sort of think I'm imagining the whole thing, so the farmer has taken to reminding me that my period is over 2 weeks late and I failed 4 pregnancy tests. Oh. Yeah. good point.

Off to California again tomorrow. This time it will be hard. It will be highly conspicuous when I don't partake in free fancy wine. I'm usually the life of the party. I'm trying to keep this a secret at work until at least Thanksgiving, because I want to get past raise and promotion time without someone subconsciously thinking "oh she's pregnant and will be out part of this year...."

My story is that I'm training for a marathon, and can't drink due to a long treadmill run in the morning. I suppose it is a marathon of sorts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home